skinfood salmon darkcircle concealer: nothin' fishy to see here!

Skinfood Salmon Darkcircle Concealer
Please note the photos in this post have been adjusted for lighting tint using photoshop to make the colors of the product appear to true life. However, the product has not been enhanced, saturated or otherwise improved in any way.

I've been blessed with many things in life, but sadly bright, peppy, bag-free eyes are not one of them. I'm not the worse case of dark circles ever, but it's enough that some days the transformation with concealer actually weirds me out because suddenly I look 10x more awake. I'd been switching off between a Flower concealer pen that wasn't doing a whole lot and an Urban Decay pencil concealer that was actually doing too much, and too thickly.

Then, while browsing Korean beauty shops on eBay, this concealer dropped its way into my basket.

Swatch of Skinfood Salmon Darkcircle Concealer in natural light, blended and unblended.
This is shade No1.



I really like the texture of this. It's "dewy", a little bit sticky but very creamy and moist. It tends to benefit from a good patting into the skin, and then letting it sit and absorb for a bit. Only a little is needed, more than a dab and you might end up a bit cakey. My favorite thing is though that it ends up looking quite natural when it's said and done. It looks like skin.

Eye with concealer and without, in natural light.
Before I came across this I really found covering up dark circles a chore, but now it's easy to do and it looks very organic, which is what I really wanted out of a concealer. It also supposedly contains salmon oil to help reduce dark circles, but I honestly have no idea if it actually has any effect. The fishy smell is evident, though. If you can't stand the scent of fish oil vitamin capsules, you'll want to avoid this. It also does come in a pot, so if you're not one for potted products, this might not be for you either. And it only comes in two shades. So if you're darker-skinned, (or let's be real, like more than NW20) this is not one you'd want to look into either.

That said, there is one more very nice factor about this, and that's the price. You can pick it up from several online shops. I got mine from eBay, but it's also available on Amazon for around seven dollars. Inexpensive, but effective, and the size of the pot is nothing to sneeze at either! It's pretty huge.

I'm not a fish person at all, but this is one fish I really do enjoy daily.

Where to buy: Amazon, here; various eBay shops, and RoseRoseShop, here.

2 comments:

  1. That looks pretty amazing. I'm seriously going to check this out. Covering up dark circles is my least favorite part of doing my make up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too ugh I hate it so much, I like this because it's really easy to throw on. It does crease a bit in the first few minutes, but I just pat it out and it's all good for me.

    ReplyDelete

 

bloglovin

peachy noon

Meet The Author

Noon. 25. American born, Finland residing. I really love dogs.