Kiss of Life


No one tube should have all this power.

I tend to be a lipbalmaholic. I'm pretty sure I own at least 6 at any given time, all different flavors or for different things. My go-to one for the past several months had been the original Burt's Bees, followed by several other flavors, and a few tins of the newer Nivea Lip Butters.

The lip butters in particular smell nice but overall aren't really the texture or moisturizing power I grab for unless I'm in a pinch. But since being in Europe I developed this weird love for Nivea, since it reminds me of being in Sokos or the cosmetic section of a grocery store there.

Last weekend I was broke but this little tube had been calling my name for weeks, so I muscled up and went for it.

It has to be downright the best purchase I've ever made. The texture is smooth and easy to apply, emollient but non-sticky, lightly glossy but easily absorbed. It smells slightly floral in a way I love. It has a tiny hint of shimmer that's barely visible.

And best of all? Since using this as my go-to lip balm for everything, I haven't had to exfoliate my lips once. They are smooth, supple and healthy.

I think it won't be long before I stop hoarding six different types of lip balms, because my lipbalmaholic-itis has been cured. And it feels damn good.

Where to buy: Drugstore.com, $3.29


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

bloglovin

peachy noon

Meet The Author

Noon. 25. American born, Finland residing. I really love dogs.